Today I tried a new recipe for blueberry muffins and I loved the outcome! I changed the recipe up a bit because I didn't have sour cream but I did have fat-free Greek Yogurt so I made them using the yogurt. Oh my... they were so great. The kids each ate two and wanted to go for 3, but I made them stop.
They make for a rich and tender muffin in which the blueberries are floating throughout. Don't be surprised by the thick batter. It doesn't pour like some muffin batters, but plops more like cookie dough. That is the way it should look.
Here's the recipe as I made them.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp melted and cooled unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups 0% Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups small, fresh blueberries
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 350F. Spray muffin tin with PAM.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt in medium bowl until combined.
3. Whisk egg in second medium bowl until light yellow. Add sugar and whist until thick and well combined, about 30 seconds. Add melted butter slowly in 2-3 batches, whisking between to combine. Add yogurt and whisk just to combine.
4. Drop batter into greased muffin tin filling 3/4 full. Bake until light golden brown and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean... 25-30 mintues. Or 20 minutes on convect bake.
5. Invert muffins onto wire rack and let cool 5 minutes.