Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The 30 Meals Plan

The girls over at Nanny Goat have come up with a 30 day meal plan that sounds like a great way to have staples for the meals you & your family like on hand. If you'd like to see what I'm talking about, run right over there and check it out. They have some great ideas for organizing your recipes and shopping lists.

Okay, I have had two sick kids, so I am a bit behind, but I've started my recipe card pile. They had a great idea where you laminate your recipe cards and put them on a ring so you can remove them as you need them. I like this idea, but I have no laminator, so I grabbed my cheapo $1 photo albums from the Dollar Tree that I never had any intention of using as a photo album. {I've been putting my recipe cards in them.} I'm thinking I will cut these books up and put my recipe cards in them. Then I will punch a hole in the corner and connect them all with a metal ring.

Here's what the photo albums look like. I made the cover with a scrapbook kit. {Sorry to whomever's it is... I wasn't planning to show this when I made this a year ago}. I may change the cover once I decide what the recipe cards are going to look like. FYI- the plaid binders behind the photo albums are my recipe binders which are in no particular order, so I have to search like a mad-woman to find any recipe that I may need.


Well, this is step one. Getting the cards typed up will be step 2!




If you decide to join in the fun, let me know in the comments. I'd love to see your recipe planner!

I am adding to this blog entry because I made my recipe cards. If you would like to print it out for yourself, feel free! This should print on an 8.5x11 inch cardstock perfectly and will print out a 4x6 card.

Click on this card first! Then you can save it to your hard drive in a larger size.




4 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

What a great idea to use a photo album! I love your cute recipe cards too. You have so many great recipes. I'm drooling over that pizza.
Thanks!

Mrs. Wright said...

I know I'm late, but I just found your recipe cards and they are ADORABLE!! I tried to click the photo and I can't get it any bigger than 4x6 (the whole picture). Am I doing something wrong or could you possibly e-mail me the file? My e-mail is in my blogger profile... sorry to be a pain- I just HAVE to have them- So cute!!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

In order to get this card to save in the correct size, you have to click on the thumbnail first. This will make it open in a new screen and it will be a larger size. Then save it from there.

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

If you still have trouble with it, email me and I will email it directly to you.




Blog Widget by LinkWithin